Here’s how I want to get part of my veggie intake for the day! It’s like guacamole and hummus in one, and it is the smoothest and creamiest hummus I’ve ever had.
If you’d like the avocado flavor to shine through more you can reduce the tahini slightly but if you want it to have more of a traditional hummus flavor leave it as it is..
- 1 (15 oz) can chick peas, well drained or 1 lb dried chickpeas soaked overnight then boiled for 40 mins then drained.
- 2 medium ripe avocados , cored and peeled (13 oz before cored and peeled)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil , plus more for serving if desired
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic , peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1 – 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro leaves , for toppingRed pepper flakes , for topping
Pulse chick peas, olive oil, tahini, lime juice, and garlic in a food processor until smooth, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste (I did a scant 1/2 tsp salt and about 1/8 tsp pepper), add cumin and avocados and pulse mixture until smooth and creamy, about 1 – 2 minutes longer.
Serve topped with more olive oil if desired and sprinkle with cilantro and red pepper flakes if desired. Serve with Lettuce Leaves or Collard Greens rolled up like a wrap. or use as dip for vegetable ( celery sticks, carrot sticks, broccolli or cauliflower pieces).